Title: Tables and Spreads
Author’s Name: Shelly Westerhausen Worcel
Publisher: Chronicle Books
Page Count: 288 Pages
Author or Book Website: N/A
Link to Amazon purchase page: Tables & Spreads: A Go-To Guide for Beautiful Snacks, Intimate Gatherings, and Inviting Feasts: Westerhausen Worcel, Shelly, Worcel, Wyatt: Amazon.com: Books
Link to Goodreads: Tables and Spreads: A Go-To Guide for Beautiful Snacks, Intimate Gatherings, and Inviting Feasts by Shelly Westerhausen Worcel | Goodreads
Release Date: N/A
How I Got the Book: Review Copy
Summary of the Book:
From the author of the bestselling Platters & Boards comes a beautifully photographed recipe collection and styling guide that shows you how to easily create lovely, abundant spreads for every occasion.
Tables & Spreads is a must-have cookbook and resourceful styling guide from bestselling author Shelly Westerhausen. Here are more than 60 easy-to-prepare recipes plus behind-the-scenes insight into creating a beautiful, inviting table for every occasion, including tips on choosing a theme, styling your food in creative ways, and achieving that “wow factor” with linens, flowers, music, and more. There are 20 visually striking spreads that range from Ladies Night Lettuce Wraps to a Christmas Morning Dutch Baby Party, Dips for Dinner, and a Boozy Bloody Mary Bar. Rich with gorgeous and instructive photography, Tables & Spreads is inspiring yet totally accessible, perfect for home cooks who like to host gatherings of all sizes, and those who loved Shelly’s first book, Platters & Boards. Complete with timelines, shopping lists, diagrams, and more, this book includes all the tools you need to make every meal delicious and unforgettable.
• NEXT LEVEL ENTERTAINING: Tables & Spreads takes easy entertaining to the next level with additional recipes and robust guidance on casual styling of beautiful platters and tables for any number of guests.
• ON TREND: The simple but impactful guidelines in this book speak to the way people are eating and entertaining today—often casually, with beautiful presentation, and a “help yourself” mentality. This book teaches us how to do that elegantly and create gorgeous grazing tables whether you’re preparing a “snack dinner” for one, a family brunch, or a large-scale wedding or holiday table.
• FOR ALL SKILL LEVELS: Anyone can make successful, beautiful spreads with these easy-to-follow guidelines and visual inspiration. These grazing spreads offer low-effort, high-impact results with easily sourced ingredients to feed a crowd-perfect for anyone that loves to eat and entertain.
• Fans of Shelly Westerhausen and of Platters & Boards
• Ina Garten and Martha Stewart fans who are always looking for creative & tasty ideas
• People who seek inspiration in tablescaping, arranging, menus, and party inspirations
My Personal Review: I received a copy of this book for a fair and honest review. I love cookbooks since I set the goal this year to cook or make something new at least once a month. I have made spreads and things before but I was never sure how much to put out for each person and so this does a good thing of showing how to portions things for each person that will be there. I also see this is not something one can just throw together at the last minute. I enjoyed the pictures that showed the the spreads and tables. There are some combinations that I want to try and setting up a table like this book suggests. I have never added honey to a spread before I did not think that was an option. I am going to have to refer back to this book for tips and tricks that are listed.
My Rating of the Book: 4 Stars